There are 3 ways of storing your journal depending on what kind of account you have.
- Leap Second Cloud storage
- Local device storage
- Photos app storage
You can check how your journal is stored by tapping the dropdown at the top of the app. Each journal will have an icon next to it.
- This icon indicates to your journal is stored in your Leap Second Cloud
- This icon indicates to your journal is stored in your Local device
- This icon indicates that your journal is stored in the Photos app
1. Leap Second Cloud storage
The Leap Second app does not store any content within the app. If you want to ensure you never lose your journal, you can get Leap Second Cloud storage by upgrading to Pro. Cloud storage means your journal is safely backed up and you can also access your videos on multiple devices.
2. Local device storage
The Leap Second app does not store any content within the app. Because Leap Second does not store any content within the app, deleting the app or resetting your phone will erase all content from the app.
3. Photos app storage
You can also store your journal in your Photos app. You can find this content by going to the Photos App > Albums and looking for album that matches your journal's name. You might see that this album is empty. The videos in this album are "hidden". To unhide your videos:
- Select your journal from the dropdown at the top of the app and click the edit icon next to the journal's name.
- Turn off "Hide content in Photos app"
- Navigate back to the Photos app and make sure your album appears and all your videos are there